Ritelite Systems, a UK manufacturer of portable LED lighting products, is looking to recruit an experienced CE & UL Compliance engineer to support and develop the current technical team and product technical files for relevant portable lighting products.
This role will require developing the following skills building on relevant experience to date:
- The ability to relate technical regulatory requirements to equipment design and manufacture
- Understanding of, and experience in applying legal requirements relevant to products in particular the machinery directive, but also the low voltage directive, EMC directive, radio equipment directive.
- Experience of and the ability to develop and assess evidence to show compliance (technical files, supporting test data, risk assessments, declarations, user manuals, etc.) using standards where appropriate.
- Knowledge of and the ability to research, understand and apply international/European/US and other technical standards relating to specific products.
You will need to be a self-motivated, effective technical thinker with strong logical problem solving skills, the ability and willingness to research and understand new legislation and technologies quickly, and the ability to draw out the implications and determine practical compliance approaches. As an exceptional communicator you will have excellent spoken and written English, and well-developed report writing and presentation skills with acute attention to detail.
Qualifications & experience
- Electrical/Electromechanical Engineer or similar (graduate or higher). CEng desirable
- Experience in industry in assessing the compliance of electrical products with legal requirements such that they are suitable for supply and for use
- Experience of undertaking conformity assessment under CE marking product safety and performance legislation, and familiarity with standards
- Showing compliance with the Machinery Directive would be desirable
- Experience of undertaking failure analysis would be an advantage
This role would be based at our Stamford site in Lincolnshire and would initially be a temporary 6 month contract with the possibility of extension or the position becoming a permanent position. Both part time and full time applications would be considered.
Salary would be competitive depending on experience. Immediate start possible.